Volunteer At Safety Town
Updated: June 25, 2018:
Volunteer registration is closed for the 2018 Summer Sessions! Thank you for your interest.
We will begin accepting applications for the 2019 Summer Sessions of Safety Town on February 1, 2019. We will stop accepting applications on February 28, 2019.
We plan to notify all applicants of our decision by April 1, 2019.
If you forget to include a postage paid envelope (per the instructions), your application is immediately denied. We would highly suggest that the actual applicant complete the paperwork and NOT the parent. Parents typically do not follow the instructions and denied applications have resulted from their failure to read.
General Rules for Volunteers:
1. You must be able to attend the mandatory training on the Thursday prior to the first session of Safety Town at Lewis Rec Center.
2. You must be able to download the application, fill it out completely, do as it says, and mail it in with a self addressed, return, stamped envelope. This is the only way to apply to be a volunteer. If you do not follow the steps or forget the self addressed, stamped envelope - you are automatically rejected. If you do not sign the agreement, you are rejected.
3. You must be able to attend all of the days in the session you apply for.
4. You must be able to put your cell phones down and focus on the campers during the sessions. Cell phone usage will not be tolerated during sessions.
5. You must have transportation to and from Safety Town
6. You can volunteer for more than one session - you just need to be able to attend all of the days in your session.
Schedule for 2019:
Session 1: TBD
Session 2: TBD
Session 3: TBD
Session 4: TBD
Session 5: TBD
Session 6: TBD