Volunteer At Safety Town
Updated: April 18, 2018:
Volunteer registration is closed! Thank you for your interest.
If you have applied to be a volunteer, notices of acceptance or denial will be sent out to everyone in the postage paid envelope you provided with your request to be a volunteer by the middle of May. If you did not include a postage paid envelope (per the instructions) - you are automatically denied.
General Rules for Volunteers:
1. You must be able to attend the mandatory training on the Thursday prior to the first session of Safety Town at Lewis Rec Center.
2. You must be able to download the application, fill it out completely, do as it says, and mail it in with a self addressed, return, stamped envelope. This is the only way to apply to be a volunteer. If you do not follow the steps or forget the self addressed, stamped envelope - you are automatically rejected. If you do not sign the agreement, you are rejected.
3. You must be able to attend all of the days in the session you apply for.
4. You must be able to put your cell phones down and focus on the campers during the sessions. Cell phone usage will not be tolerated during sessions.
5. You must have transportation to and from Safety Town
6. You can volunteer for more than one session - you just need to be able to attend all of the days in your session.
Schedule for 2018:
Session 1: June 18, 2018 - June 29, 2018 (9am to 11am)
Session 2: June 18, 2018 - June 29, 2018 (1pm to 3pm)
Session 3: July 16, 2018 - July 27, 2018 (9am to 11am)
Session 4: July 16, 2018 - July 27, 2018 (1pm to 3pm)
Session 5: July 30, 2018 - August 10, 2018 (9am to 11am)
Session 6: July 30, 2018 - August 10, 2018 (1pm to 3pm)